Friday 18 April 2014

Inkspirational Challenge and DT Call


Hi everyone and welcome to my blog

Today is my first day of my Easter holidays for a week and a bit, kids are off now from school and work and hubby finishes tomorrow for a week.

I thought I would enter a blog challenge this week and also a design team call over at Inkspirational so wish me luck


This card measures about a 5" x 5" and has a white card base.  I took a piece of Hot pink glitter card cutting it down to size and layering a piece of white card over the top, which was cut out with a Spellbinders die from Botanical swirls and accents.  I placed the die in one corner and cutting it with my ebosser and the turning it round and doing the exactly the same thing in the opposite corner leaving about 3/4 " in the middle.  I placed a piece of brown stampin up ribbon along the centre securing it with double sided tape, the I took some stampin up jewels - basic pearls and place them in the middle of the ribbon from the die cut to the corner.  My topper in the middle of my card was from my stash  and I do remember purchasing it from create and craft.  Using a Tattered Lace die - Beautiful Blooms I made up some wee flowers and place these in the bottom right had corner.  The adhesives I used in this project was Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue and some double sided tape.

I used a sketch that was on the Inkspirational blog to make this card.



Thanks for stopping by and having a browse, why not go on over to the Inkspirational blog and have a wee look on there

Karen Xxx

10 comments:

  1. This is great Karen! I like your die cut background with the bold pink color. A neat take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational and good luck with the DT call!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background with the glitter paper and the ornate diecutting - you've made a great use of our sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Karen, I love the background and the beautiful fairy. Happy Easter
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have made everything blend together yet stand out in their own way. Good luck with the challenge and DT call x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Fabulous die and a lovely image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the cute image and sparkle background.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card. Lovely colours x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, girly card! :) Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational and good luck with the DT Call!

    ReplyDelete