Friday 30 October 2015

Gone But Never Forgotton

Hi everyone thanks for stopping by.


I must admit this layout was very difficult to do and believe it or not took me well over 3 weeks, lifting it to do it and then just looking at the photo and putting it aside again.




This is a layout of A Special Lady my Aunt Minnie.  She passed away about 5 weeks ago and it broke my heart. She was a right old age of 92 and if she had've lived till the end of next month she would have seen her 93rd birthday,

 This woman has touched so many families hearts.  She lost her husband over 18 years ago and they were self sufficient couple they grew there own vegetable and fruits and anyone one who knew her, knew her for her knitting, crocheting, jam making, her love for flowers and gardening, sewing and baking.  This lady was so good to me as a child and an adult and I always said she was my second mum,  She didn't have any girls just a son but she had a great granddaugther, So this layout is going into a box frame so I can put it up on my wall.


Under the main photo I have put a journalling spot trimmed with paper lace trim using a spellbinder die. 



The bling is a champagne colour swirl gems from Zva, the pattern paper was from a Recollections paper pad.


The flowers and leaves are from Wild Orchard Crafts.  The dates were created using my little Sizzix side kick using the plates from the Sapphire.  The dies were again from Quickutz alphabet and


I used Sizzix alphabet to do her name. I went round the age of the cream card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to tone down the colour of the cream card.

 I am hoping to do a 8 x 8 version of this only using a photo of my mum and Minnie together and put it into a box frame for my mum.  My mum was devastated when she passed away and my way of thinking is that she can look and treasure this till the day she will meet her again.  Right sorry folks this post has got a little bit morbid, 

List of items used -

Wild Orchard Crafts - Opens Roses 25/15mm, Rose leaves, Cherry Blossoms and Sweetheart Blossoms
Bead Spray
Recollections Paper Pad - Graceful
Spellbinders Dies -  Labels One and Vintage Lace Border
Distress Inks - Vintage Photo
Sizzix Cute Girlie Alphabets
Quickutz Script Alphabet
Lace from my stash
Green and Cream cardstock
Self adhesive crystals from Zvacreative.com
Cosmic Shimmer pva glue
Double sided tape
Collall 3D glue



 Thank you for dropping by, please leave a comment and if you like what I do
please press the join/follow button at the top.


Karen Xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment