Friday 16 October 2015

Take Flight

Brown Sugar Challenge #168

Hi everyone thanks for stopping by.

Over at Brown Sugar we have a new challenge starting today.

Theme: Purple and Green



I used a die to cut this design out of green card stock from my stash and then I backed it with purple card behind.  I also did a second cut of this die out in the same purple card and just used the pop out of it for the centre.  I also embossed the dies to bring out the little flowers and swirls that are on the die.


I stamped the feathers using distress ink on the same purple and green card stock and attached them with Cosmic shimmer pva glue.  I curled the tops of the feathers to give them a 3D affect and the same with the butterfly, using the glue on the body leaving the wings to 3D.


I used dies to cut my butterflies out and the large die was cut from again the same purple and green card stock.  I took the green butterfly and cut it down and attached it to the purple one applying the glue down the body of the butterfly.  The same idea was done with the smaller one and I cut the body of the small green butterfly and attached it to the purple one flat with pva.  I also placed little lilac gems around the card on the centers of the embossed flowers.


I stamped with a distressed ink and then using a spellbinders die cut out the same, before taking it out of the die I went around the edge of it with the same ink, this enhanced the border of the die.  I used the next sized die up and cut it out in the purple card stock and used my pva glue to attached the two layers together and to my card.


List of my items used:-

Spellbinders Labels 4 (large and small)
Crafters Companion Die'Sire Floral Melody die
Ranger Distress Ink Pad - Dusty Concord
Creative Expression Cosmic Shimmer pva Glue
Emerald Dies from Hochanda - Butterfly Dance EDIC-BDAN - using both dies
Hot off the Press - Feathers stamp set and die
White Card Stock for base
Purple and Green Card Stock
Lilac gems from stash



Thank you for dropping by and for all your lovely comments,
 be sure to stop and check out the


Brown Sugar Challenge Blog


and see the cards from the rest of the design team.


If you like what you see please press the join/follow button on the side above.


Karen Xxx


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous love the colours and butterfly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the butterflies and the colours. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Karen, Green is my fav colour, love purple too, so that is right up my street!, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril, I only joined the DT again on Monday, so it was a little rushed but it turned out pretty good.

      Delete