Thursday 8 October 2015

The Golden Year


 Hi everyone thanks for stopping by.

My apologies I had this layout completed well over a week and a half ago but due to a family bereavement I didn't get it posted on my blog.

This scrapbook layout of a couple that is very dear to me.  Can I introduce to you my lovely parents. They are always there for me no matter when I ring them for help they drop everything and come over.   These two people were and still are my role models in my life growing up and still to this day, they had a hard working life, so myself, my brothers and sister so that we could have what we needed, which we all appreciated very much and still do.


This started off at as a plain white 12 x 12 card stock and I painted it with gold Tonic Nuvo paint with a kitchen scourer to give it a little texture.


I'm not sure if you can see, but in the background I have used a corner stamp with the same paint and I also stamped the opposite corner.  I also stamped Happy 50th Anniversary with versamark ink pad and used gold embossing powder over the top.  Before I stamp it I rubbed the card with an anti static card so that the powder only adhered to the ink and not my mucky painty paw prints, lol.  I also done mum and dad this way.  The little birds are cut from the die which you will see in the last photo.


In behind the photo I have made a journal card and used a Spellbinder border on the edge, trimmed with a very fine strip of gold card. Inked with Vintage Photo along the edge.
Its have to believe that my dad is 76 years young in this photo and my mum is 71 years young.


I have took a piece of  white lace and again used the paint on it to change the colour and placed this right across the page and attached the number of 50 cut out of gold card.  This photo of my parents was took on there wedding day, as you can see they have changed much over the years.


I cut these balloons out of chipboard using a sizzix die putting it through my big shot.  I covered it in glue and put some gilding flakes over the top.  Again putting another number 50 on the top and a little gold heart below.  Using some bakers twine from creative expressions from the vintage selection, as I thought it looked a little golden for the strings.  I was trying to make the balloons look as if they were floating.


Now in this last photo it shows you the year, I had a little problem when it came to this part of my layout as I didn't have number stamps let alone stamps of this size.  I cut these numbers out of funky foam to create my stamps, they are about an inch high.  I adhered them with some stick and spray a repositional glue onto a acrylic block and place the numbers onto it.  It took a few tries on scrap paper to get it right on the block, but I must admit it came together rather well.  I stamp the images with the versamark ink pad and used again gold embossing powder over the top and used my heat gun to seal the powder.  The little heart die was a freebie from a craft magazine I bought at my local supermarket and cut it out of gold mirri card stock.

I would like to enter this into 
Use a number - http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk

Thank you for dropping by, please leave a comment and if you like what I do
please press the join/follow button at the top.


Karen Xxx



11 comments:

  1. Wow this is fab...lovely memories x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Karen, loving this layout and beautiful photographs of your parents. Enjoy your day:)
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen, A beautiful layout and love the photo's of your parents.

    Jade xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fabulous layout, lovely photos too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen this is a fantastic page the photos of your parents are lovely. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congrats with your parents' golden anniversary. Just adore your beautiful page.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete