Sunday 7 July 2013

Brown Sugar Challenge #49



Oh my were into a new month and a new Brown Sugar Challenge.


This week has been a little challenging for me as I lost my son to 3 days trekking over the Sperrin mountains for his Silver Duke of Ed.  He left on Tuesday and the weather was awful it rained heavy all day and he said it was really hard, but thankfully hes home all in one peace but really tired and sore.  Ok that's enough of me wittering on ...

Our theme for this weeks challenge is 

Beach




My project for this week is another layout.  This photo was taken last year in Florida when we visited Discovery Cove to swim with the dolphins.  The picture was taken in the beach area where you could snorkel in among the fish, there was all sorts all size.  There was the biggest stingray fish I ever saw, I didn't like them much.  Oh I'm wittering on again, right let me tell you what I did before I get sidetracked again.

I used a plain piece of blue card from my stash and a piece of DCWV paper from my stash.I matted the photo onto a piece of blue card the same of the background and then onto a piece of yellow card.  I used some sticker embellishments and finally a digital image from Digi Darla Designs.  My image is Digidarlas Snorkling.
I coloured him in with promarkers and cut around the image, it came along with little bubbles which I used clear dew drops to highlight and cut the little fish out and stuck it to the side.  I thought the image was just right to go with my photo.

Our sponsor this week is from 







Thanks for stopping by my blog and please make sure to pop over to the other design team member blogs and view their creations.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! Great pic, that's a place we want to go one day. Love how you were able to incorporate a digi image onto your LO!

    Karen
    Digi Darla Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout for inspiration at the Crafters Cafe Challenge this week

    ReplyDelete