Wednesday 6 January 2016

Bookfolding Our Alfie

Hi everyone thanks for stopping by.

My post today is something I done for my neice Megan.  She has a big Siberian Husky which is a bit (to say the least) silly but a loveable big boy.

I went to a charity shop in Belfast that was selling really old books for the library I think it was £1 for 3. 


I took the photo below and made a siloutte of it and put it into the B.A.D.S Bookfolding program with a lot of tweaking and with the help of another program I eventually got it done. I backed it with some patterned paper from My Minds Eye and printed off the two photos and attached them to the front and back.  The photo above is one of my favourites of him wearing Megans sunglasses.

So I had some chipboard letters and inked round the edge with Hickory smoke and attached a sunglasses charm onto one of the letters.



The flowers are made with a design which I saw on Create and craft I think it was Debbie Moore that demstrated it.  I used scraps from the patterned paper and some of the book paper that I took out of the book. The green leaves were cut out of scrap card stock from my stash.


I used a little piece of blue ribbon for his collar and two little bone brads on each corner.


The ribbon at the bottom is a piece of white seam binding and I used a printer thingy I got years ago that can print borders and images. I used again Hickory smoke distress ink and sponged lightly on the edge to highlight the image better.

Items Used:-

an old book from charity book shop
B.A.D.S. Book folding Program
Hickory Smoke Distress Ink
Chipboard Letters from Comstock Circus Collection from We Are Memory Keepers
Patterned papers - Boy Collection from My Minds Eye
Flowers are made from scraps of the above collections and book paper
Bone Brads from Zippy ow Woo/Meow Collection by Sue Zipkin
Leaves are from scrap green card stock
Cosmic Shimmer pva glue
Double sided tape and Hot glue
little piece of blue ribbon from stampin up
white seam binding from Creative Expressions
Silver sunglasses charm
Xyron printer for the paw prints


Thank you for dropping by, please leave a comment
and if you like what I do please press the join/follow button at the top.

Karen
Xxx





4 comments:

  1. Wow your makes are stunning. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Jackie, this is my first attempt at this type of project.

      Delete
  2. Hello Karen, wow your book folding looks amazing.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jade for your kind words, this was my first attempt.

      Delete