Friday 24 January 2014

#79 Brown Sugar Challenge

Happy Friday everyone.

What can I say were at the time of the week for another challenge from

Brown Sugar

Theme - Feathers


This is a easel shaped card using blue and black card from my stash.

In this challenge I used an image from our sponsors and coloured it in with my promarkers.




I got myself some new dies from tonic that was launch on the c&c world launch shows a couple of weeks ago and this one you can see in the picture above is the Regal Circle Doily.  I cut is in the blue card and then cut it in the black card and used some cosmic shimmer gilding wax around the edge of the doily.  I'm still not 100% sure that I actually like this gilding wax but it does have a nice smell.  I used some feathers from my stash and the little dazzler is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  




At the back of the topper there is a black lacy ribbon going across, this is made from a tonic punch called Regal Border which matches the doily.  I cut out two strips and cut them down with scissors stuck them back to back and then place a very thin strip of the blue card onto it and some clear gems.  The stopper bar across the bottom of the card to keep the easel up is again a strip of black card with a strip of blue card threaded into a little buckle from a die set called Ribbon buckles from Spellbinders.  Again it has the silver gilding wax rubbed over it to make it stand out a little.  The sentiment is from a set of stamps I got free in a magazine and is stamped with black archival ink on a white card and I went round the edge with Salty Ocean Distress Ink.  The punch dies used are from Stampin Up - Scallop Oval and the Large Oval.


Our Sponsors for this week are

A day for Daisies




Thank you for dropping by and be sure to stop and check out  

and see the cards from the rest of the design team.




1 comment:

  1. Beautifully elelgant easel card, great inspiration for the Brown Sugar feather challenge

    ReplyDelete