Friday 1 August 2014

#105 Brown Sugar Challenge

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog.

Its hard to believe that we are into a new month already, is it me or does anyone else think this year is flying by.  Well dear I say it, its Friday again and its time now for another challenge for Brown Sugar.

Our theme this week is Colour.




So here is my project -


The size of this card is not quite 6x6.  I am trying to use up what I've got in my stash so I apologise for not knowing the brand of the patterned paper I used and I thought it was the closet to the colour palette we had to used.  The image from our sponsors was coloured in with my promarkers and I attached yellow card candy to highlight the flower centres.  It was mounted onto a decorative circle from Spellbinders and then mounted onto blue card stock from my stash.  The flowers are from wild orchid crafts.


The kraft and blue flourishes are from a Spellbinders D-lites die - Corner Sprigs and the little flower in the bottom right had corner was made with Spellbinders D-lites die - Blooms 2 the centre is a blob of 3d collal glue with glitter over the top.  The birthday wishes stamp is from a freebie collection I received in a magazine stamped onto kraft card and punched out with a stampin up label punch.  The bling swirl is from a set I got out of Works bookshop ages ago and never used.


 Our Sponsors this week is








Prize - 3 digi images of winners choice


Entered challenges -           Sister Act Card Challenge


Thank you for dropping by and for all your lovely comments,
 be sure to stop and check out the

Brown Sugar Challenge Blog

and see the cards from the rest of the design team.

If you like what you see please press the join/follow button on the side above.


Karen Xxx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Karen, love the cute bird and layout of your card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the colours on your card are stunning. Just gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card love the colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colours and a beautiful card, Karen. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Re the ink dusters, you only need one per colour family.

    ReplyDelete